Govt. Approved to set up Seven Textile Parks
SRTEPC applauds government’s approval to set up PM MITRA parks as another milestone development in the textile Industry.
Under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, in a milestone development in the textile industry, Government has approved setting up of 7 PM Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (MITRA) Parks as announced in Union Budget for 2021-22.
The prime objective of this MITRA parks is to realise the vision of the Government to building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat and to position India strongly on the Global textiles map.
SRTEPC Chairman Shri Dhirubhai R. Shah congratulated the government for approving to set up of the 7 PM MITRA parks and thanked Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, and Hon’ble Minister of Textiles, Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Piyush Goyal and Minister of State for Textiles Smt. Darshana V Jardosh for this initiative to set up the MITRA parks. The MITRA parks will play a very important role to provide a ready-made international quality manufacturing platform in the plug and play mode, SRTEPC Chairman Shri Dhirubhai R. Shah mentioned.
The PM MITRA scheme an integrated textile ecosystem encompassing – Farm to fibre; fibre to factory; factory to fashion; fashion to foreign. SRTEPC Chairman Shri Dhirubhai R. Shah informed that this integrated ecosystem will help in further growth of textile segment in the economy in general and the MMF textile sector in particular which is rare globally.
Some of the salient features of the 7 Mega PM MITRA are as given below:
- The 7 Mega PM MITRA will be setup at Greenfield / Brownfield sites located in different willing States. Proposals of State Governments having ready availability of contiguous and encumbrance-free land parcel of 1,000+ acres along with other textiles related facilities & ecosystem are welcome.
- Maximum Development Capital Support (DCS) of Rs. 500 crore to all Greenfield PM MITRA and a maximum of Rs. 200 Crore to Brownfield PM MITRA will be provided for development of Common Infrastructure (@30% of the Project Cost) and ₹ 300 Crore of Competitiveness Incentive Support (CIS) will also be provided to each PM MITRA park for early establishment of textiles manufacturing units in PM MITRA. State Government supports will include provision of 1,000 Acre land for development of a world class industrial estate.
- For a Greenfield PM MITRA park, the GOI Development Capital Support will be 30% of the Project Cost, with a cap of ₹ 500 Cr. For Brownfield sites, after assessment, Development Capital Support @30% of project cost of balance infrastructure and other support facilities to be developed and restricted to a limit of Rs. 200 Crore. This is in a form of viability gap funding to make the project attractive for participation of private sector.
The proposed facilities in the PM MITRA parks are the following:
- Core Infrastructure: Incubation Centre & Plug & Play facility, Developed Factory Sites, Roads, Power, Water and Waste Water system, Common Processing House & CETP and other related facilities e.g., Design Centre, Testing Centres etc.
- Support Infrastructure: Workers’ hostels & housing, logistics park, warehousing, medical, training & skill development facilities
SRTEPC Chairman Shri Dhirubhai R. Shah mentioned that setting of the PM MITRA parks will give a huge boost to production and export of international quality MMF textiles viz., manmade fibre, MMF yarns, MMF fabrics and MMF made-ups, and garments in India. This will also help India to increase market share in overseas markets and position India a one of the textile leaders. Shri Dhirubhai R. Shah, Chairman, SRTEPC informed that Surat is the major MMF textiles manufacturing hub in the country and he suggested that Government may consider setting up of PM MITRA parks in Surat also.